Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Truth

This much I know is true:
Aspirations, hopes, dreams and magic
Grief, sadness, sorrow, synchronicity

What else I know is true:
Bees landing lightly on flowers
Butterflies amongst the petals
Babies, fat and silly, hungry and longing
Love of a friend, a partner, a child

What I hope is true:
The wings of my own heart soaring
Like the hawk I witnessed today
Imagination floating out like clouds
Swimming across the deep blue sky

What I am afraid is true:
Madness and violence, aggression and hate
Roaming around with devilish certainty
All over Mother Earth
Guns blazing, voices shaking
Screaming so loudly I can taste it
Not like butter but hard lard
Tough, old, moldy, smelly

What I also know is true:
Your heart, your body, our corporate bodies
Capable of free will and free won't
No god or goddess directing us
We humans acting out of our own
Traumas, suffering, despair, and pain

What I believe is true:
We are One
Being One, when I hurt you
I hurt me
When we hurt our planet
We hurt bodies, minds and breath
Calamities continue
Distress increases
And we cannot fly above 
Seeking to live above the fray

We are pulled down from our
Lofty thrones and disappear into the 
Ashes of wild fires,  into the bowels of floods
And we can rise again
Only by Grace alone

No comments:

Post a Comment