Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Remembering

Once upon a time

All I knew was warmth

Nurturance, safety, love

An idea of heaven


At that time, I was floating around 

Drifting along in sparkles and space

Gases and liquids holding me gently


Once upon another time, I felt 

One flesh splitting into two

My bones crushing together

Constricting and contracting

Claustrophobic

Danger, danger!

Whoosh

Suddenly, I flew out of my earthly mother's womb 

Thankfully caught - by cold hands


Breath?  What is that?

A discomfort in my belly, throat and 

And chest, coughing, crying

My first breath, shaking, shrieking


Falling into my mother's

Warm, pillowy breast

Sinking into her tender, supple skin


A gush of milk flowed into my

Mewling mouth and

I discovered heaven on earth


Now, remembering, I yearn for

The embrace of meditation or sleep 

When I merge with the Divine Mother

Once again


She never lets me go



No comments:

Post a Comment