Saturday, November 12, 2022

Ancient Mother Goddess Gifts

Searching through the clouds 

Through my Body and Soul

She finally finds me underneath this

Powerful mind, this ego of mine


The Ancient Mother Goddess sends me gifts

Frequently but sometimes

I don’t receive them because of the clutter

Within, or distractions, or busy mind or body

So many gifts left in cold storage

Unseen, unopened, neglected


My Soul calls out to her

"Here I am!  

Just wade through the muddy water

Through the algae and the tossed off skins

I have shed

You can catch me in the early mornings

Or in my dreams

Please announce your presence"


I awake with a jolt

The dogs aren’t barking

My husband isn’t snoring

What woke me up?


Just a dream of glorious nature

Rippling water flowing down a stream

A dream in which a bushy beaver is

Building a dam to create deep water

Spots, protecting him and his family

From land predators

A damn not just for blockage

But for sustenance, survival


As I pass by the busy beaver

I see squirrels and chipmunks

Fat cheeks filled with food

A snake slinks slowly by

A croaky crow caws from the bamboo 


Crows often caution me when 

Hawks come flying by or when predators sit 

High in amazingly tall trees, hunting

In high fear, I grab my smallest dog 

So she won’t get grabbed by hawks

(Like my earlier tiny dog, Bean, did)


Danger lurking? Or, just life cycling in and out

Around and through, season to season

We change along with the rest of nature

All needing food to eat, water to drink

Clean air to breathe, someone(s) to love


"Ah," says the Ancient Mother Goddess

"I got through her thick skull!

I was able to prompt her to be still 

Long enough to view the beauty

All around her, bringing stimulation

And peace, all together, all at once

My mission for today is accomplished"


And, so it is

No comments:

Post a Comment