Sunday, April 23, 2023

Enchant Me!

Enchanted I wander through misty meadows

Gazing at trees, grasses, and flowers

Wondering

How this magical place became what it is today

Who were the artists, the hands that carved the rocks

Who scooped out the seas

Who planted the first seeds

And who oversees Gaia now?


A Big Bang

A quantum leap

A god or goddess

Or a bursting star

Whose dust magnetized

To create such a splendid space 

To host living beings?

Or, all of the above and more?


The Enchantress narrows her focus

Takes out an arrow, placing it in her bow

Stabbing me with a gut wrenching blow

Knocking the breath out of me

I fall down, grabbing my solar plexus


She has hunted me 

Time after time

Racing to catch up to my

Speed, my moving to my rapid

Electrical impulses

Not just running away necessarily

But always running fast


Stop! She bellows

(I am punched)

If you won’t slow down

Just stop and lie here still

(She puts her foot on my belly)

I have you now

My little plaything


I brought you into this world

And I can take you out

But, I keep giving you chance

After chance to pull together

To stabilize and listen carefully

Although you are clever and cunning

And slide so swiftly in and out of 

Reality, I can still catch you


Proud of myself but also fearful

About her great power

I cower under that large

Heavy foot

OK, I give, I say


At that point, she disappears

Flowing into the mountains

Into the streams

Creating no havoc, just floating 

Along, beckoning me to follow


I stand, I jump up into the air and 

Warm breezes carry me to 

A cliff where she awaits

About to create a waterfall


Dive down with me

The water will come

You have to trust me

Sophia Gaia proclaims

I will do you no harm


We sail out into the air

I transform into a alligator

She a a snake

We fall down (or glide)

Fast toward the earth, but

Before we crash

Into ground, waters gush

Behind us and carry us

Swiftly down above

The stones that would have

Smashed us up badly


What now?

Do you trust me now?
Sophia Gaia asks

Can you turn water into wine? I mutter
I just did, you silly, she responds


As I turn toward her this time

All of a sudden, I hear

Thunder, I see lightning

Have I displeased her or

Is she just done with me?


I slowly transform back to the person

I have always been

Life after life

Death after death

Feeling a little lighter

A little stronger

Certainly more courageous

I lapse into a silent walk

Slower and more reflective somehow

Moving toward my next encounter with 

The Enchantress

No comments:

Post a Comment