Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Ah... Summer!

The beach calls 

The sand whispers

Mother Ocean dark and deep

Soothes while

Life abounds inside

And all around her


Herons stand quietly, silently

Pelicans squawk and dive

For their next meal

The sounds, the heat 

The cool breezes call 


Far away from the beach

Away from the Ocean

I still bask in the Sun

Warming my heart and body

Slowing me down 

From the fast pace of city life


While I age, I am 

Thrilled to have 

Open space and time 

More than ever before

Until now

Ecstasy


Learning to listen

Learning calmness

Learning that fast movement

Is only one state of being


I find Mother Earth and Ocean

Father Sky and breezes

Beings all around us still in

Shades of summer 

Underground, underwater

Up above

Bird songs bringing 

Deep Mystery and beauty


I also love the joy, freedom 

And coolness of electricity

Without sweating the small stuff

Bliss, actually

No comments:

Post a Comment