Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Merging, Molting, Emerging

Cramming my head into a the 

rotted out stump of a tree

Hoping to tear off the skin still

attached to my bones

Shredding my old skin

stopping midstream

Hanging onto my past instead of 

surrendering to new flesh and blood


What is holding me back?


I have loved the merge

between mother and child

between partners and friends

merging, immersed into

the Oneness of All


Now, I want to separate from

the merge into more freedom

more independence

more autonomy, more being alone

although I don’t know where I am going yet


So my emerging halts

Incomplete as my head

Crashes through the waves

While I try to enter the bliss of oneness

Beating my head, banging it against a wall

Without leaving the merge


Between me and goddess

between Spirit and Self

Emerging hanging onto old me

and entering new me

How uncomfortable, scary and sore


Maybe this new self I am still becoming is

Quieter, Kinder

Less Busy and still

I don’t know her well enough

Who are you, New Self?


Me?
I am the calm between storms

I am the princess of peace

I am a grounded bodhisattva

I am you who sits silently under

the magnolia tree

looking up into her overarching branches

seeing the hope and the light


Me?

I am you, a different part of you 

Who is content to be a just a Part of

No longer needing the spotlight so often


Me?
I am your higher self, the little old woman

Shepherdess who gave you her staff

Who gave you the white, tiny lamb

        Who gave you your child and yourself

I am the one who trusts without anxiety or fear

Not challenging but becoming more aligned

with What Is


I am the old lady who whispers in your ear

Who tells you to breathe, to relax and let go

No need to worry or strain

No need to become consumed, obsessive or bitter


I am you

We are One

We are merging, molting, and emerging

All together, all at once

Complete

At peace

Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment