Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Re-entering the World after Pandemic


Seems like I have been underground 

For the past 17 years

Deep in soil, peaceful at last

Rest, relaxation, hibernation, joy

I move back up into the world above


My senses on fire!

Sensations galore!

Making up stories

Making assumptions

Judging and evaluating

Dynamics between people

Feeling their tensions and stress

Or, are those mine?


I have been cocooned for a year

Not gathering in person but

Online, so much zooming

In and out of circles, meetings, groups


Being outdoors

With people, in close proximity

A whole new experience

As if for the first time

Being birthed, blasting out of a woman

Into the bright, screaming lights of a 

Hospital room, rough hands,

Warm skin, thrust into 

An unknown space and time


Belly laughing but also mourning

The womb of before

Irritated and irritable

I want to travel back

Into that warm, safe space

From which I came


How can I re-enter

This world of stress and chaos

Clashing wars and vast violence

Without the protections 

Of my formerly hardened, skillful skin

The one scarred and solid

Old and torn 


What if I travel back down 

Into the underground with 

The cicadas for 17 more years

Then crawl out again

Shedding my flesh, 

Uncovering new, raw Skin

Singing loudly and safely 

Then

Wandering back into the dust

Of the earth as I and my ego expire?

No comments:

Post a Comment