Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Why Not Connect?

Love getting to know you

Sweet attraction buzzing

Charm and delight


Why not connect?

This infatuation, this crush

This energetic touch

This word, this gesture 

Swirling all around us


I love you all at first

Until that sweet, cruel critic

Creeps in questioning 

Projecting, analyzing

Squeezing out the juicy nature

Of this precious fruit

The thrill is gone


Exciting time of discernment

Who are you, who am I?

Does that really matter?


Do I fit you here

Do you fit me there

Do we enjoy the same

Tastes and smells?


I imagine you to be this

You seem to become that

Different from what I thought

No intent to fool or fake


Do we betray each other

Or do we just evolve? 

As you get to know me

And as I get to know you

Do we still seem like a good match?


Why not connect? 

We meet, we fall in love

We join together

Seeking excitement

Union and togetherness


Why not connect?


Because 


If you break my heart
I may die

No comments:

Post a Comment