Sunday, August 28, 2022

Dear Gravity

 Dear Gravity

How I have ignored you most of my life

I learned about you in school

Never thinking much about you

Until now

(I do like that song of yours)


Yes, I have complained about

Your pulling down my facial skin

My bottom and upper arms

I am after all getting older

Saggy, baggy, crepey


Just today during a meditation

Flat on my back

I felt the earth pulsing and

Realized how much I love you

Gravity, always connecting me closely


You keep me attached

Like a magnetized coin

You secure and ground me to

Mother Earth, to my family

Friends and community


Never thought about you much 

No need to before now

Thank you for not letting me 

Fly around like an autumn leaf

Too often

Uncertain of where I will land


Colorful leaves fall when 

Their time is done on trees

My Soul will be gliding and sliding

When I am done here 

Scampering around in the Knowing field


Peaceful at last

No comments:

Post a Comment