Monday, October 9, 2023

Fear

Pain as source of fear

Or messenger of fear

Fear may be exercised

PT for fear? 

If we do our exercises

Daily, will

Our fear will be reduced?


Maybe meditation, breathing,

And other mystical practices 

Can assist us in accepting 

Fear

Acknowledging fear

Being with fear

Wondering about fear

Being curious about fear

Not necessarily needing

To understand fear


To reduce, decrease

Fear, another few steps

To address fear

To talk with fear

Ask questions:


"What are you doing here?

Do I need you for some reasons?

Are you helping protect me

Keep me safe?

Are you telling me something

In your clever code

That I need to explore to

Know better?"


If not talking, calamitous catharsis

May happen to offer relief

Or, medicine may cover up or

Mask the message

Or else, fear explodes in

Some other way


"Are you a guide or

A mentor

What are you trying

To teach me?

Am I making an A

Or an F in this class?


You live with me daily

I feed you and you feed me

We support each other in 

A circular sort of process

Where thoughts get all 

Tangled up and loop

Creating or becoming 

Distress, anxiety, and more


If I cut off your nourishment

Will I no longer be defended

By your intuition and your 

Knowledge of what is best

For me and what is not?


If I avoid you, I know

I don’t sleep as well at night

You dream for me

Scaring me at times

And not at other times

Denying you only makes

Me sick 


I choose to keep you

Fear
Will you stay?

Maybe we can work 

Side by side

And communicate

More easily and well


So that we know what we 

Each need and want from 

The other 

Because we all live here

In this body

Full of intricate inner

Workings and complex

Systems and such"


Deep from within and from without

I hear now

"We got you

You are not alone

We will hold your fear

And transmute it"

No comments:

Post a Comment