As I contemplate Soul Speak
Fingers poised over computer keys
I look across the room at my
Gouldian finches hopping in
Unison.
After all, isn’t that Soul Speak
To hop or hope together as one?
For the last week I kept
Hearing the song, “Shallow”
Warbling in my head
Sometimes wandering out of my mouth.
Something about diving in the deep end
“We’re far from the shallow now”
Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
Serenade each other and us.
I view the gray and white clouds
Outside my large windows
Above the trees, above the mall
That exists below them.
I see the green trees, various shades
A few steeples in this Bible Belt
I see concrete and cars
Nothing wrong with any of these.
Then, I drop in by breathing
Just a little differently
I feel the back of my throat
Either a little sore or longing
To speak
Allergies prompt me to clear my throat
The air comes into and out of my lungs
In harmony, quietly, involuntarily
I pause, a little wistful.
What will I learn today?
What will come to me and inform me
The delightful sounds of birds chirping
Trilling and fluttering their wings?
I drop in further hoping to prompt
Revelation, insight, joy or epiphany
Calm surrounds me as I pause
A blanket of soft air encompasses me.
The sesame oil I rubbed into my body
Today smells like nuts and seeds
My skin appreciates the moisture
Nurturing it, so rarely received before.
Maybe I want to learn more
Keep seeking and maybe
I want to share more
From my authentic self
Or both?
Are these my purpose?
Are these my mission?
Are these enough?
“Yes,” speaks my Soul.
“Rest for now in this paradise”
All I ever need
All I really want.
On another day, at another time
I will have other needs and
Desires that will prompt movement.
For today, pure peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment