Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Cherries and Rust

In my dream during the last full moon

She came, a young child beckoning me


Weaving herself into my life, she brought

Cherries and Rust

Faith and Fear

Love and Hope

I asked her to lead me

Beside the still waters

Restoring my soul


As Truth Teller, she used not words

But images and music

Showing me how to find my own truth

Exploring Nature’s magic

Glory oozing into my body from 

Outside of me, underneath me

And beside me

Anointing me with sacred blessings


She became a dark, black crow

As my skin melted and I became one

With the universe, its liquids and gases


I asked her, What do you have to share with me?

"Truth, Liberation, Freedom

Ever evolving, ever lasting

Seeds falling off of our skin into

Other people’s puddles, joining with

Their dirt and the dirt of all

Of our ancestors”


Must we always have war? I asked

Her caw was raucous and piercing

“What is war but the never ending

Circling of buzzards, flying above

The dead, grasping for chunks of flesh

To fill their empty bellies

Their continuous thirst for the blood

That keeps them alive

Even buzzards are part of creation”


I don’t quite understand, I said

And she flew to me, whispering

“Warm, golden oil is being poured

Over you and over all the earth
Animating your hearts
Mending your joints

While you collapse from the

Heavy weight of all your past burdens

Let go now and relax in peace


Come fly with me into your new life

Join me and live with me for awhile

Then you will know and understand

How all of what you see, feel and hear

Makes so much sense in 

This grand puzzle called life


Your thinking and 

Worrying will vanish

As you and all beings experience 

The Grace of all existence”

No comments:

Post a Comment