Thursday, January 26, 2023

A House of Cords

Captivated by cords

Tangled up by cords

Cords here, cords there

Cords everywhere


My computer’s charging cable

Like a teasing tendril

Swirls around my phone’s

Clever, cantankerous cord

Tripping and clogging at times


My Healy device cords

Ensnare all the other cords

Creating a puzzle

Each piece valuable, needed

No quick solution in sight


My umbilical cords

One soaring out into the galaxies

Another flowing between me and child

A third wrapping around me and partner

A fourth grounding me to Mother Earth

Weaving new art pieces

Each uniquely designed

Cords dangling, tying together

Knotting and swinging free

Randomly, no order

No chaos either


Releasing and connecting

Over and over again

Somehow soothing

No comments:

Post a Comment