Friday, May 19, 2023

Clenching, Grasping, Gripping

 Clenching

Gasping, gripping

Jaws

Hands

Muscles

Teeth

Fingers

Sphincters

What if 

Instead of clenching

We let go

Relax

Release

Imagine a new world

Into Being

Yes, many fears about messes

About vomit and feces

About surrendering

Truly liberating

Some patterns and ways

That have helped us

Survive all these years

No need to ditch them all

Just bring each part up

Take a good smell

Or a tiny taste

Look and hear

Touch 

Breathe in deeply

Ask, how do you serve me now?

One part may respond:

“I am old and tired

I don’t want to have to keep

Being so hypervigilant

Protecting you so often

Preventing disaster

My days are done”

Another part might scream out

“I am young and excited

You still need me here

Because I bring you joy and

Pleasure, without too much risk

Or bad results

Keep me!”

Another may not answer at all

And may fly away with the cool breeze

Into another space and time

Like leaves do, without complaint

Or stress, they know when

To untether, to drop away

Allow them to

Or wonder why you can’t

Or won’t

Let them go

Loosening your grip

Resting

Energizing

Without clenching

Grasping, gripping

Transforming

Transmuting

Transitioning

To this new life

The one that is here

For us all

No comments:

Post a Comment