Saturday, May 20, 2023

Merge, Molt, Emerge

Cramming my head into the 

Rotted out trunk of a tree

Trying to rid the skin

Still attached to my bones

Shedding flesh

Stopping midstream

Hanging onto the past instead of

Surrendering to new blood, new life


What stops me?

I have loved the merge

Between Mother and Child

Between partners and friends

Merging, immersed into the

Oneness of All


Now I want to separate from

The Merge into more freedom

More independence

More autonomous, more alone

Don’t know how or where - yet


Emerging continues in process

My head crashing through the waves

Trying to enter the bliss of

Oneness once again

Without leaving the merge


Between me and Goddess

Between Spirit and Self

Emerging hanging onto the

Old me and entering the new me

Frightening and scary


Is this purgatory amongst the living?

Limbo, on hold, muted and 

Soundless though I want to speak

Loudly and forcefully once again?


Maybe in this emergent Self, I am 

Becoming is quieter, kinder

Less busy, more still

I don’t know her well yet

Who are you, new Self?


Me?

Why I am the calm between the storms

I am the princess of peace and

The grounded bodhisattva

I am you who sits quietly under

The Magnolia tree

Looking up into her overarching

Branches, seeing hope and light


Me?

I am you, a different part of you

Who is content to be part of 

The One

No longer needing the spotlight

So much of the time


Me?
I am your higher self

The tiny old shepherdess

Who gave you her staff

Who gave you the white Lamb

I am the one who trusts 

Without anxiety or fear

The one who sees clearly, softly

Not challenging what is

But becoming more aligned with

What is


I am the elder who whispers 

Into your ear, telling you to

Breathe, to relax

No need to worry or strain

No need to become 

Consumed or obsessed


I am you

We are one

We are merging

Molting

Emerging 

Altogether, all at once

Complete

At peace

Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment