Sunday, October 6, 2024

Meet Me at the Water's Edge

I live at the Water’s Edge

I live between and among

Land and Sea

Amphibian in form

Ethereal in Spirit


My sleek fish body and long tail in the water

My human torso and upper body

Lying on the sand, gritty and tough


My pores open to Water and Air

Earth and Body

Tangling and mixing together

Tendrils wrapping around and

Through me

Bringing delicate light and warmth

Darkness and Desire

Into Oneness


I am devoted to the dark feminine Kali

Along with Black Madonna

Those shadowy but omnipresent

Powerful, magical mysteries

Permeating throughout our culture

And time


The New Earth approaches and

I balance between tides and the moon

Between sun and the winds

I become a bridge to the new world

A connector touching each 

Imagining umbilical cords and

Bonds so tight that sometimes

I cannot breathe


In order not to be imprisoned

We move into the water and 

Swim away like whales and dolphins

Coming up for air

While diving and jumping

Gracefully floating and resting


We run on the sand, breathing heavily

Grit between our toes

Searching for sharks feeding close to the beach

We see them as they scare others

Who are frightened and alone

While we gaze, amazed at the beauty of 

All sea life, as weird and strange as it can be


I am not ready to disconnect, to let go of

One or the other, land or sea

I hold fast to them both partly

Wanting to let go of one, and surrender

To the other, letting the water or air

Drown me with Love and let go of

Some of my receding roles

I play on the earth


Resting in the arms of blissful awakening 

Either here between

Or absorbed into one or the other


Meet me at the Water’s Edge

And we will enter the wild deep

And wild peace of both the

Light and the dark

Each world becoming

Divine experiences 

Holding us up and

Thrashing us about

Until we no longer notice

Fear, once submersed

No comments:

Post a Comment