Tuesday, December 5, 2023

A Magenta Thread

I tasted volcanic ash on my tongue

Where was I?

Where had I been?


Did I really merge with Mother Earth?

I heard myself saying

“I belong here underground”


I slithered through dirt, mud

Amongst gases and

Crystalline layers

The river beneath the river

Storing up boundless energy

To share one day


Her core was bright, brilliant white

A magenta thread dangled 

In front of my face 

I grasped the flowing filament

Which pulled me all around 

Inside the earth 

Guiding me through

Grooves flourishing with minerals 

Amidst crackling crust and 

A liquid molten melody

Hot breath of Mother Earth

Sighing with all the 

Pressures, swelling

Her heartbeat so strong

Nurturing me

Primal and sacred


Climate change

Melting glaciers

Hurricanes and wild fires

Flooding waters

Shifting tectonic plates

Processes of natural evolution


Power misused, abused

Violence seeking out

Every nook and cranny

Falling rock and avalanches

Planetary disasters

Moving toward the Divine


After an elongated descent

The vibrant magenta cord

Pulled me through a seam where

A fissure, a fault line opened up

Cracking open a crevasse

A passageway, a portal

Allowing me to slip through and

Into the upper world once again


I heard the explosion

I don’t remember what happened next

Except that I lay naked

On the tip of an iceberg floating down

A dark red blazing lava stream


Painlessly melting one cell at a time

Joining the ocean as if 

For the first time

Allowing myself to connect to

The eternal community that lives 

Underneath the sea

Touching all the beatific beings

Rejoicing in my return

No comments:

Post a Comment