Monday, December 18, 2023

We are, I am

Who are you Jesse?

Are you a part of me

Or did I lose you earlier 

Due to physical death?


If you are a part of me

Which part?

Who are you, Jesse?


Do you smile and laugh?

Do you play and cry?

Do you live in my gut

Or in my heart

Or all over me

Inside me, around me

Underneath and through me?


You are not in my head

I think

You are not that cerebral

You are a feeler

Covered up so often 

By so many thoughts

So many ideas, needs

Wants, worries

I am amazed you got 

Through all those blocks

And walls that usually 

Keep me from knowing you 

Even better


I want to know you 


Why, I haven’t felt you

Or talked with you for years

Where have you been Jesse?

I remember that you liked 

To write, to sing, to dance

To have fun


My Jesse self


Young, somewhat brazen

They used to say, a "character"

Mischievous and sweet

Excited and full of energy

Oh, I have missed you!


Different from my Grace self

Seemingly a newer part of me

(Maybe having always been there, too)
Who was covered up with Anxiety

Drive, Shyness, Shame, Fear, and

Ambition and so many tricks, attempts 

To find love and acceptance

So many coverups

Grace stayed hidden away for so long!


Can you both join hands or feet

(If you have body parts)

Or spirits  - and not to merge

But to gather together 

In some space and time

And see how it goes?


What then?

I have no idea

We are

I am


https://barbarasanderslcsw.medium.com/we-are-i-am-24560497b142

No comments:

Post a Comment