Friday, March 15, 2024

Good Grief

 Grief

Not just about the starving little children and babies
Not just about the children who get bullied or killed
Just because

My grief is not just about losing family members
And loved ones to another state of being or venue
Not just about early childhood and whatever neglect
Or traumas this little body and heart experienced

No
Grief is much more than that
It socks me in the gut
Knocks me down to my knees
To grovel on the ground
To cry and scream
To feel powerless and 
Unable to change
Some of what I would like to 
Change

That last part, that's the real grief

That I don't have control over
My body
My time
My energy
My loved ones
The world, its people
Its animals and other beings
Who suffer so much

Not much control at all
That's just true about being human

Helpless

And though, that doesn't mean
I will stop trying to correct
Some of the hurtful things I do
Or say, much less try to influence what
Other people do or say that can
Crucify others
That can injure and damage others
No one seems to be able 
To change all that

I can leap into the spiritual realm
And try to stay there for as long
As possible, knowing
Feeling that we are intimately
Connected to the Divine
Merging in bliss

Yes, I can go there 
Often
But, as a human, I
Don't stay there
(Although I know it resides in me)

From that bright white delicious place
I sometimes plummet back to
Earth again and feel better for 
Awhile, and begin anew with good intentions and
A far better mood about life and love
Only to find myself later on cascading once 
Again (maybe less often though)
To the tyrannies of technology
To the oppression I see and feel all around me
And I sometimes slip into the most judgmental parts
Of myself, or rather 
Hell, I call it

"Arise," I hear
"Rise up again
Keep connected to humans
To other beings
And to the Divine
See if you can bring more 
Joy, more bliss, more love 
To all the world
To all of Mother Earth (or
To only a small bit of space) and
Yes, to the galaxies and to the eternal
And infinite cosmos herself"

Inside those words I find my purpose
Why I came here in the first place

To contribute, to gather and
Collaborate with others
To spread goodness, compassion and 
Love all around 
Everywhere I go

As a gardener
A midwife
A mother
A friend
Part of a community
A participant in all that is

Sharing seeds of what I know
And who I am
What I have learned about
How we can all live with
Better health and well-being
More often

Grief
Not just for the faint of heart
Good Grief
Another side of Love
Creating a whole 

Holy

No comments:

Post a Comment