Sunday, March 17, 2024

Severing Attachment

I want you* to leave me now
But part of me 
Loathes to see you go

I think I should detach from you
And if I don't, I may die
Or I may wither into a 
Collapsed violet bloom

I realize that I have been dragging
You around all of my life
And it is time for that to stop
For my better health and well-being

What does it matter to you
If I let you go
Push you away
Will it hurt your feelings
Make you mad
Surely so
And, if not, why did I 
Hang on for so long?

Because you helped me to survive
Even to thrive in the past
You protected me, kept me safe 
I appreciate you for all you've done
I really do

And now, I need to move on
And don't want you to come with me
Yes, you will always be a part of my past
And I may miss you

But, the freedom and liberation 
Of this release, this disengagement
Will be full of bliss and knowing
That I can live more peacefully and gently
Without you who has been so ever-present
To me in this lifetime

I relied on you perhaps far too long
And now, it is time

To cut the cord
To pull it back 
To my heart and body
Opening up to the 
Great Mystery
The Wondrous change
The Sacred Metamorphosis
I am enjoying now

Thank you

*"you" can be anything from a pattern to a person, from a coping skill or defense to an object of desire, a supposed need, or a womb. Or, something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment