Friday, January 5, 2024

This Glorious Gift

These manacles around my wrists

Also clench my ankles

Restraining me from fulfilling

My purpose, my passions

And living in tranquility


What are these ties that bind

These chains that impair

Carrying out my dreams?

Are these shackles full of 

Fear or longing?

Does it matter?

How I release these constraints

Matters

Trusting

Caring

Surrendering

Fully

Breath and depth


While I struggle 

I hear for the very first time

That this tension, this conflict

Does not mean I need to

Do something actively about it


Rather, my wrangling

Suggests I need to let myself

Receive, let divine Grace

Pour all over and around me


With warm oil

Flowing down from above

Over my head and hair

Flowing around my neck 

Traveling down through my spine

Relaxing me completely

Sticky syrup of compassion


I am now wrapped in a

Divine dark cloak, a shroud

Where I can be protected

Breathe calmly and rest


Deep within a penumbra

Full of night sky, stars

Moons and black holes, all

This veil restores my body and soul


Peace happens easily

Nothing to worry about

No responsibilities or concerns

No one to answer to

Just myself and Spirit


The sun begins to seep

Into my skin, warming my bones

Filling me with juices and elements

Crystals, stones, bright lights

And shadows, all at once

Wet and glowing, smooth and soothing

Huddled inside the mantle of Grace


With love, comfort and support

Always there for us if we can just

Slow down and breathe  

Letting ourselves be fully surrounded 

And softened by this glorious gift 

No comments:

Post a Comment