Monday, January 15, 2024

Sacred Tryst

A secret meeting with the Beloved

A sacred tryst


Not behind the high school bleachers

But out in plain sight

This meeting of two who

Merged into one


Not veiled at all

But glaringly seen

Envisioned and dreamt about

Finally, getting to meet 

The Beloved!


No makeup needed

No fancy clothes or

Accessories

Nothing but self

And soul 

And my best breath to

Deeply inhale and exhale

Over and over again


I feel swept out to sea

Pulled by the tide of mercy

Wind gusts also persuading

My lift into the air

Pulled over and upward

Not to view the world

But to become one with

The world and Spirit


I feel the Beloved’s touch

Grace that offers magnanimous

Truths and realties

Larger and greater than I have

Previously imagined

Can't get enough of

This elixir, this feeling

So very loved and blessed

Ecstatic and blissful


Oh, to rest here always

But, wait!


I am being tugged back 

Down into the winds and

Into the stormy seas of human life

Toil and suffering

Way too soon


Or 

Rather

I tasted 

The delight of the
Sacred Tryst

And I will enjoy it longer

More fully

Once I complete what 

I came here to do


To love, to honor, to cherish

All people, all beings that roam

Fly, scuttle, and slither in, on, and

Around our planet Mother Earth


And when my love is more pure

And complete

I will ascend

Not as a reward or

Punishment but

Just because I have finished

These earthly duties


Enjoying the entire ride 

All along

No comments:

Post a Comment