Monday, October 18, 2021

At a Snail's Pace

Crawling on my belly

Feeling free on the earth below me

The sky above and 

All the blessed and dark

Energies around me


My antennae sense and

Send messages throughout 

My tiny body, informing and 

Sometimes deforming my ideas

About the world around me


A leaf, no struggle

A waterfall, more challenging

I accept being fully alive

Moving along comfortable climes

And more beastly hot, dangerous ones


Inside me, no struggle

Knowing who I am 

What I do in this world

I slide, secreting my healing, sticky oil

Onto any and every surface


Wherever we go, we all leave

Little pieces of us everywhere

Always seeming to have enough

Always being provided enough

Juice to keep on living

And giving


I revel in the sunshine

I slide upon the plants

And rocks who hold me safely

As I pour myself into

The next space and the next


Slowly, kindly, the journey

Is vibrant and slippery at 

Times - at other times

No risk or sense of fear 

At all


Now the day is done and

 As I close my eyes

My antennae gradually dull

My body disappears

My shell, however, remains solid

As I sleep or die, held safely

No comments:

Post a Comment