Monday, October 18, 2021

The Bridge

Unclog these pores

Let me bleed!


Caught in the middle of the 

Frozen Bridge, wanting to

Step out onto green pastures

Visiting the Shepherdess


Alas, I could not cross

The Bridge, I was stuck


The latter half of the Bridge

Began melting away

Ice transforming to water 

So slippery and sudden

I was lost


Rarely standing still in the middle of 

The Bridge

It seemed at first like hell 

Heat rising, ice melting


When all of a sudden

The Shepherdess walked onto

The Bridge, no longer with her 

Staff and fleet of foot


Never seeing her here before
I realized I didn't have to cross

The Frozen Bridge to find her 

That she might come toward me herself


“When you are lost or are in deep pain

I will come to you, my arm gliding

Around your weighty arms, your

Feeling so helpless in this chaos

I will help you find your way”


Just like that, a little divine magic and

The bridge cleared, no longer

Frozen or melting, just a

Wooden bridge, old and beautiful

No distress here


When I saw the Shepherdess moving

Away from me, she waved and said

“Remember, I am always here for you”
And, with that she vanished into the ether


Clogs dissolved

Heart bleeding

Tears flowing

Breath heaving

I felt my life again

No comments:

Post a Comment