Monday, October 18, 2021

Grace


Large bulky manatee
Looking like
A sumo wrestler
Not fighting but asserting
Her body mass gently wherever
She wants to be

I see myself in this beautiful
Mournful manatee, floating in
Shallow and deep waters
Visiting other beings in their grief

I do not know what sounds she makes
Maybe a soothing song, like a whale
Communicating with otherworldly beings
Who rise up from beneath the ocean's floor
To greet us once again

In this dance of life and love
(And sometimes horror)
These transcendent beings circle
Sharing our connective waves
And particles, joining each other in
The deep wells of the sea

As I rise back up to more familiar 
Surroundings, I realize that
Grace has touched me once again
Lifting me high into
Clearer and clearer waters
Leaving the murky, dark
Deep behind 
For a time


No comments:

Post a Comment