Monday, May 25, 2020

Just Me

Once diving into my wreck
Then soaring like a hawk,
Becoming a peacock, strutting
My stuff,
Crazy Brave helped me evolve,
Manifest these many parts
Of myself, and who am I now?

Hello, World, it's Me!

You don't recognize me this time?
No longer loud and pressured,
Anxious and scared 
Delighted and quieter and much more
At peace than ever before.

I no longer have to conquer demons,
Or climb high mountains, or
Dive into the deepest part
Of the oceans or river.

Not right now at least.
Right now, you will see me
Resting, delighting in the silent
Warm journey back inside myself,
Discovering what I lost so many
Years ago, and delighted to find again.

Just me.

Without all the feathers or armored suit
Of bravery and courage,
Just me. Naked, still bold, but more
At home with myself.

No longer seeking or searching to
Become
But, relaxing into this Me.

This Me who has always lived in
My center, my core.
This Me, calmer and knowing,
Less hesitant and busy.

This Me, who I get to wake up with
Every day without having to dress
In clothes of yesteryear,
Shimmering in light and love
Naked as can be - just me.

Just as I was
Just as I have always been
But who I lost along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment