Monday, May 25, 2020

Transforming


It happens so suddenly

After a long, hard journey

Each step scattering the dirt and dust

Prophesying the truth.


I cannot un-know what I now know

I cannot un-see what I now see

Nor do I want to


Scarecrows in the fields

Monsters under the bed


Sitting with blinders on

Works no longer

Curtains have opened

Blasted apart

All of life rushes in



Startling to absorb at first


Then easing into

The comfort of change

The only consistent known.



Beings huddle around me

Snuggling up to me

Holding my hand, my head

I weep, scream, sigh and sleep.


No nightmares come.

Images are vivid like

Dragon's breath but

I am safe, cocooned.


How would life be

If no shocks or tragedies arose

No prompts for growth?

Boring, bland?


Next time the cannon shoots me out

I will fly over the crowd

Hoping they will catch me 

Like a home run in a spectator's glove


Nestled in the hands of the Catcher

No fear, no judgment, only love

I slip away into day time dreams

And enjoy a life by fully living.

No comments:

Post a Comment